What are the BENEFITS?
- More comfortable way to receive myofascial treatments
- Pain relief
- Movement of lymph
- Increased supplements to stiff tendons and muscles
- Increase synovial fluid to joints
- Improve circulation/ hydrating tissues
- Improving range of motion
What CONDITIONS can cupping be useful for?
- Chronic headaches
- Inflammatory conditions (Arthritis)
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Diseases of digestive, circulatory, respiratory systems
- Some skin conditions (acne, eczema)
- Sports injuries
- Anxiety & Depression
- Cosmetic purposes
What to expect POST cupping treatment?
- Marks from cupping may not be visible right after the treatment but may come out in the 24-48 hours.
- Normally The circle of cupping mark will fade away within 10 days. Elderly and very young patients are particularly susceptible to severe marking and blistering
- During the holiday season cupping treatment should be terminated at least a week before the patient goes away if the marks are a concern.
- The cupping marks usually appear worst of all after the first application because of stagnation of blood. Follow up treatment to the same point will result in less marking.
- The mark is not a bruise and will fade away without turning a yellow -green color.
- Slight local sensitivity is the expected reaction immediately following cupping application, similar to deep tissue massage and is usually much less tender over the next day or two.
- Increase the water intake following the treatment